Indoor Self Storage Unit Tips & Solutions
How to Pack an Exceptional Storage Unit
Label all boxes
- Moving or renovating, label boxes by room
- General storage, label boxes by contents or season
Pack boxes efficiently
- Fragile items: place a layer of bubble wrap in the bottom of the box, individually wrap each item with bubble wrap or packing paper. Fill in the empty spaces with packing popcorn or crumpled paper. Place an additonal layer of bubble wrap on top. Clearly label the box 'Fragile'
- Heavy items: books or tools should be packed in small boxes; so they are easier to lift
- Fill in the empty spaces with packing popcorn or crumpled paper
- Partially full or bulging boxes may tip or collapse
- Make an inventory of the contents of your unit for your convenience and reference
Packing the storage unit
- Place a pallet, corrugated cardboard, mat or plastic sheet on concrete floors to prevent moisture absorption
- Do not lean items against walls, as open perimeter space improves air movement through your unit for heating and ventilation
- Leave a walkway to the rear of your unit for easier access
- Stack boxes in rows with labels facing the walkway
- Place boxes marked 'Fragile' on top
- Place frequently used goods nearest the door
Storage auctions - Yes, we do storage auctions!
Please contact our storage facility in Surrey or Langley for more storage auction information.